In 2022 Newstead will start using the sun to generate power for our community.
Come & learn more on December 5 & 12
It’s nearly Christmas and we’re getting excited too because we are in the throes of finalising the contract to build our community-driven renewable energy project on Newstead’s outskirts in 2022.
Come and find out all about it on:
- December 5: at Newstead on Show. Visit the Renewable Newstead stall. Meet new and long-time members of our RN team, ask questions & express interest in buying your power from the Newstead Solar Farm. Plus hear a special 20-minute project presentation from 10.15am. Newstead on Show - 10am-4pm at the Newstead Community Centre, Lyons St, Newstead.
- December 12: Community gathering – This public forum is open to all, especially households and businesses in and around Newstead keen to support our project. 9.30am-11am at the Newstead Community Centre, Lyons St, Newstead
Find out things like:
- what’s planned – what the Newstead Solar Farm will look like
- equipment – the panels, inverters and battery (so energy can be stored for use at night) to be used
- how ‘green’ our project is
- who will be able to buy their electricity from the Newstead solar farm
- planned construction timelines
- what you can do to make our community’s dream to be powered by renewable energy come true
You’ll hear directly from the director and founder of our chosen partner, Flow Power, about why they’re keen to be involved in our community-driven project, how their values match ours and how competitive their power prices will be.
You’ll get a rundown from the RN team including on our 2022 countdown to construction, have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and hear how you can help make our community’s dream for our local renewable energy project come true.
Like prospective life partners, bringing our community and our solar farm builders/electricity retailers together feels a bit like introducing “the parents” to each other.
We think you’ll like them.